Han Ji-Eun (Song Hye Kyo) lives in a house called Full House, built by her father. She is an aspiring novelist. One day, two of her friends, for money reasons, trick her and sell her house – when she returns from a vacation, she discovers it has been sold to Lee Young-Jae (비/Bi (Rain)), an actor who has just shot to stardom. Though they don’t get along with each other, as she is messy and he has a bad temper and an affection for cleaning, they agree to live with each other and Ji-Eun works as his maid in order to buy her house back. Out of a misunderstanding and Young-Jae’s ill-fated try to make the love of his life, Kang Hye-Won (Han Eun Jung) jealous, Young-Jae marries Ji-Eun. They set up a contract for the marriage to last seven months. During that time, complications ensue and Ji-Eun and Young-Jae become attracted to each other. Also, Ji-Eun starts to hold a strong bond with Young-Jae’s family. However, Young-Jae’s bad temper along with the romantic attentions of Yoo Min-Hyuk (Kim Sung Soo), Ji-Eun’s handsome and friendly publisher, starts to create a rift between the couple. He wasn’t the only one who was causing trouble it was also Kang Hye-Won who kept getting jealous everytime Lee Young-Jae & Han Ji-Eun were getting close. Kang Hye-Won wants Young-Jae by her side 24/7 even though she loves Yoo Min-Hyuk. It made Han Ji-Eun feel bad everytime she saw Young-Jae run to Kang Hye-Won. Young-Jae and Ji-Eun get a divorce and he moves away. When he returns, he realizes that Ji-Eun hasn’t married yet and knows that he has fallen in love with her – and she with him. He proposes to her, this time for the right reasons, and finally, they get married the second time and live happily ever after. Rumors claim that there might be a possible continuation of the series.
Han Ji-Eun ~ Song Hye Kyo
Ji-Eun is cheerful, optimistic and loyal to her friends. She is naive and not very smart, but she makes up for it with her spunk and good heart. Her journey with Young Jae shows how much she loves and what she is willing to do to protect the people she loves. She is an orphaned online novelist who lives in a beautiful house (called FULL HOUSE) which she inherited from her parents. Her troubles started when her closest friends tricked her by sending her on a trip to Shanghai so they could sell her house behind her back.
Lee Young-Jae ~ Bi (Rain)
Young-Jae is a top Korean actor. He does his utmost not to hurt other people and not to be hurt himself. Every movie he starred in became a blockbuster. He is stubborn when it comes to selecting which movies to star in, but he has received much acclaim for his talent. Although Young-Jae always behaves and speaks as he wants, he does that only to protect himself from being hurt and not to hurt others. People think of him as a very candid person, but that is also Young-Jae’s strategy to hide himself – or rather his failure to express himself to the fullest. As one who is unaccustomed to being frank and open, Young-jae is bad at making friends and very proud of his ideals and principles. He deeply loves his childhood friend, Hye-Won, even though she shows him no affection. One day, he stumbles upon Ji-Eun and slowly falls in love with her.
Kang Hye-Won ~ Han Eun Jung
Hye-Won is the daughter of Doctor Lee’s friend. She is a fashion designer, who designs Young-Jae’s clothes. She has known Young-Jae’s family since her childhood. Hye-won has lived her entire life in abundance and has had many choices. She comes from a rich family, and is accustomed to being loved. She has never been rejected by anybody, until Min-Hyuk, and only feels content when everybody around her loves her.
Yoo Min-Hyuk ~ Kim Sung Soo
Min-Hyuk is a director of a large media company. He dreams of establishing Asia’s Walt Disney or Fox. He is tenacious and smart, and respected and recognized for his skills. He is determined to remain one for the rest of his life. He possesses sophisticated manners and is very eloquent – a Prince Charming that any girl could dream of. Min-Hyuk believes that life is too short to live it without fun. Unlike his seemingly unrestricted personality, he is very composed and prudent.
Full House OST
- Full House (Instrumental)
- WHY – 운명 (Oon myung; Fate)
- Forever (Instrumental)
- Byul – I Think I
- 시 (Instrumental)
- Noel – 친구란 말 (chingu ran mal)
- 운명 (Full Slow Instrumental)
- Blue Hills (Instrumental)
- Why – 운명 (Slow Version) (Oon myung)
- I Think I (Guitar Instrumental)
- G-soul – 늦게 핀 사랑 (Too Late) (neut geh pin sarang)
- WHY – Forever
- 운명 (Semi Slow Instrumental) (un myung)
- Love At The Gate (Instrumental)
- Byul – 고마워할게요 (gomawuh hal geh yo)
- 늦게 핀 사랑 (Too Late) (Violin Instrumental) (neut geh pin sarang)
- Amazing Love (Instrumental)
- Paradiso (Instrumental)
- 운명 (Instrumental) (un myung)
- 이보람 (Lee Bo Ram) – 처음 그 자리에 (chuh eum geu ja ri eh)
- Sha la la (Humming)
- Title Shuffle (Humming)
- Children’s Choir – gom se ma ri
- Song Hye Gyo – gom se ma ri(3 little bears song)
- In Philippines, the show remains as the highest rated Korean drama, with a peak of 52.0% News that this show will have its Philippine version.
- Taiwanese drama Smiling Pasta, has a striking resemblance to Full House. Instead of starring an actor and a novelist, Smiling Pasta features a rising singer and a college student who agree to pretend to be in a fake relationship for their own personal reasons.
- In Malaysia, Full House is the top rating Korean Drama ever. From the influences of Full House, the songs Rain and Hye Kyo have been popular with the Malaysian public.
- It also became immensely popular in North-East India(particularly in Manipur) where the local TV networks air Arirang TV.
- GMA-7 which aired Full House in the Philippines is still under negotitation with its production to get the rights to produce Full House Pinoy Version. It will be the third Pinoy-Adapted Korean Novela after Kim Sam Soon in the same network and My Girl in ABS-CBN. It is rumored to be played by Marian Rivera and Richard Gutierrez.